We're delighted to be amongst the first in the UK to offer a truly edible glitter. This range has been developed to overcome the recent issues surrounding the use of non toxic glitters on food products and it's a huge step forward. It's still a very new range, and there is further development work to be done, but these glitters offer a solution to those who bake cakes commercially, or want to ensure all the decorations are completely digestible.
If you're used to using the non toxic glitters, you'll find these don't sparkle as well, but they do have a shimmer- more than is apparent in the pot! They're also a fine dust, not a flake, so it's possible to achieve an even coating with the invisibility of the non toxic glitters. There are occasions when the strength of colour of the non toxic glitters is called for, but for most day to day baking these are a great new product range which ticks all the health and safety boxes!
Rainbow Dust cake glitter is all tested as safe to be in contact with food and has a lovely sparkle. Supplied in pots of approximately 5g of glitter, each pot will cover around 50 cupcakes with a light sprinkle. There's a wide range of colours- we've yet to receive the full range but the ones listed here are the best sellers.
These glitters are non toxic rather than edible. This means that they are not digested by the body, and are not classed as a food product. While they're safe to consume, the Food Standards Agency recommends that these should not be used on food which is for consumption, so they're best used on decorations which will be removed before the food is eaten.
We also supply two ranges of truly edible glitters, one from Rainbow Dust and one from Twinkle Baker Decor, both of which can be used on food intended for consumption. They're not as sparkly as these, but they are a legitimate food product and so can safely be used on food which is produced for commercial reasons.
If you're unsure about the difference between edible and non toxic glitter, please call us.