Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownies
1x 250g pack of butter
300g 70% cocoa plain chocolate
450g granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
175g Doves Farm gluten-free flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180'C/160'C fan and line and grease (or use a Bake-o-Glide liner) a baking tin approx 34 x 25cms square and about 5cms deep.
2. Gently melt the butter and chocolate together. Take off heat when melted. Stir the vanilla essence.
3. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar together until very thick, pale in colour and leaving a ribbon trail when the beaters are lifted out. They will have grown about double in volume.
4. Beat in the chocolate and butter mixture.
5. Beat in the flour.
6. Pour the batter into the baking tin and spread evenly.
7. Bake for about 22-28 minutes, until there is a crack all round the outside, possibly a little bump in the centre, and the cake is not too wobbly when the tin is wiggled.
8. Leave till completely cold then cut up in the tin and lift out piece by piece.
8. Sift icing sugar over the top and sprinkle with edible glitter if liked.
You can add raisins, glacé cherries, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, even fresh raspberries at the end if you want.